Having supported Sutton in securing Environment Agency Grant in Aid funding, Metis were commissioned to develop WSUD designs on seven school sites and one council site, to mitigate flooding to over 100 properties and deliver environmental benefits.
- Concept designs enabled the client and stakeholders to visualise the proposed WSUD features and how they would fit into the environment.
- Intensive stakeholder engagement to ensure project buy-in and secure partnership funding.
- Integration of educational features in the WSUD.
- Focus on delivering enhanced environments through improved amenity, biodiversity, aesthetics, air and water quality.
- Engagement with contractors to create innovative yet buildable features.
This project is delivering multiple benefits for Sutton:
- Reduced level of flood risk for over 100 properties.
- Vastly improved playground spaces for seven schools without any financial contribution.
- Engaging educational features for school children.
- Improved council office engagement.
- Increased awareness of flood risk and the role of WSUD.
- Cleaner water entering the drainage system.
- Visually enhance the environment of the schools through colour and greenery.